Installing Firefox and goodies
1 Install Firefox
Go to www.mozilla.com and download then install - It is simple.
2 Add goodies
For many people the web would be pretty unuseable without the add-ons.
After installing Firefox and making sure it works you might want to
add some extensions and themes from www.mozilla.com
Here are some of my favourites ones:
Also have a play with some themes from the same place.
- Adblock Plus : Removes whole swathes of intrusive adverts.
- NoScript : Stops popups and a lot of things going on behind the scenes.
(When you see the little S with a bar through it in the bottom right corner you can click on it to allow particular sites.)
- Video DownloadHelper : Makes it easy to save copies of videos from YouTube-like sites.
- Research Word : Makes it simple to search particular sites for highlighted text.
- CustomizeGoogle : Reformats with less clutter and fewer adverts.
There are a huge number of varied extensions which is what makes Firefox the browser of choice for people-in-the-know.
Everybody experiments and explores to adapt it to what they want.