Enjoy a real fire that warms and ventilates
- Air conditioned bars in summer. Log fire in winter
- Beer garden behind
- Rolls and sandwiches Monday to Saturday lunchtimes
- Landlord's hobby is painting. Admire the atmospheric
results on the walls or investigate the many odd examples of the visual
and plastic arts crammed into every available nook
- One of those tiny, unnoticed pubs you could, as they say round
here, "take somebody else's wife". Southminster and Burnham are hardly
centres of excitement, but if you live in those places and you
can't stand the pace then why not stop off at the Rose?
- One of the customers pointed out that women on their own can
come in, feel comfortable and join in the civilised country company.