Using the keyboard
This section is specially for people who prefer using a keyboard instead of a mouse.
Main screen and common keys
To access items on a menu from the keyboard hold down Alt and press the underlined key of the menu. In order reading across the main screen menu that is
Alt and X Exit
Alt and S Settings
Alt and B Browse
Alt and F Find
Alt and U Utilities
Alt and I Information
Alt and R Run
Alt and E Extras
The function keys get you to places on the screen
F1 STORE containers
F2 SHELVES containers
F3 Contents listing
F5 Contents - sort order
F6 Contents - Image preview on/off
F7 Contents - Thumbnail size
F8 Contents - Filter
Up, down, left and right arrows move within something.
The Tab key (and Shift and tab together for going back) moves to the next 'same sort of thing'.
The Esc key does 'No' and is a handy 'stop this'
The Enter key often does 'Yes'.
When you're asked "Yes or No" you can use Y or N as well as Esc and Enter.
Or you can use Tab to get to another option then press enter.
|The best way to discover how to navigate through the STORE and SHELVES container
hierarchy is to experiment:
- all the arrow keys
- + ... expands tree to next level
- - ... closes this level
- * ... expands this level and all lower levels
- The arrow keys move the dotted rectangle which shows where a action will happen.
- The space bar will select or deselect a single cell.
- Ctrl and A (Hold Ctrl, press A) will select all, of if all are already selected de-select them all.
Form resize One of the things that can be quite tricky with a mouse is
resizing and relocating screens.
(This doesn't work on all screens and there may be times, for example when typing in text, that this is disabled.)
- Holding the Ctrl key and pressing one of the arrow keys moves the whole form.
- Holding the Alt key and pressing one of the arrow keys makes the bottom right corner of the screen move.